Bantham & Ongar Bowls Club
JHA Architecture were appointed by Bantham & Ongar Bowls club to design a brand new Club house and bowls green on a new site. The club had originally been set up by the amalgamation of separate bowls clubs at Bantham and Ongar which had their origins back in the early 1930’s.
The project was funded by contributions from both clubs and the Lottery fund. The outdoor bowls surface is an Australian synthetic surface that gives all the skills of an indoor green but that can be used in all weathers. The clubhouse was designed to provide an indoor green as well so that the club could be used all year round.