Hamleys St James Quarter
JHA Architecture were appointed by Sim Joinery to act as consultants for Hamleys Toy Store for their new Edinburgh Store in St James’ Quarter Shopping Centre.
Hamleys Toy Store is a British multinational toy retailer founded in 1760 by William Hamleys. Their flagship store on Regent Street in London is the largest toy shop in the world being over 5000m2. It has 2 royal warrants as a "toys and sports merchant" and wanted to open a new store in Edinburgh.
The brief was to fit out and design the layout for their new store in St James’ Shopping Centre – everything from the positions of tills and cake stands to the decals on the walls. The shop is open plan with intermittent columns incorporated into the design. The Tills are located centrally and there are Racking shelves down both sides. The large, glazed curtain wall system at the front of the store allows for a large sign and plenty of light to enter the shop.