John Hill Associates Ltd undertake the role of Principal Designer orchestrating the Health and Safety aspects of the project design and the construction phases
- Give suitable and sufficient advice and assistance to clients in order to help them comply with their duties.
- The client duty to appoint competent designers and contractors.
- The client duty to ensure adequate arrangements are in place for managing the project.
- Notify the HSE (Health and Safety Executive) about the project should it be deemed notifiable.
- Co-ordinate design work, planning and other preparations for construction where relevant to health and safety.
- Prepare and collate information for the Pre-construction Information (PCI) document and advise the client on information he / she will need to provide.
- Provide to those involved with the design of the structure and to every contractor / principal contractor who has been appointed by the client parts of the PCI document that is relevant to their tasks / duties.
- Manage the flow of health and safety information between the client, designer and the contractor.
- Advise the client on the PCHSP (Pre-construction Health & Safety Plan) and ensure that all welfare facilities are on site from the project start date.
- Produce and update relevant user-friendly H & S File information, suitable for future users of the building at the end of the construction phase.